If you would like to have stuff posted here, shoot me a message.
There must be some contact form around here…
Last change: 26.09.2022 – Please contact me if some links should not work anymore so I can update or fix them.
evepraisal.com – A viable alternative, providing similar functionality as eve-marketdata.
evemarketer.com – A reincarnation of the in-game market in your browser.
PI-Commodities – A helpful tool that helps planning production of higher tier production lines in the field of planetary interaction. Probably the most passive way – beside from setting it all up – to earn solid ISK in New Ed
evewho.com – Gives detailed information about characters, corps and alliances.
driftingloot.com/corps – Crtl + click (or click + drag) to select your preferred timezone and click the checkboxes for the space you want to fly in. Hit „Set“ and you will get a list of the 50 most active corporations from the last 30 days.
evemaps.dotlan.net – Took me a while to find out the true potential of this tool, but when you find out how to use it, you can identify camped systems, hot pockets and who lives where. Very useful for traveling and finding/avoiding PvP.
eveeye.com – A newer mapping tool that is especially good at displaying who owns which region in a very easy to process way.
evetrace.com – A set of tools for advanced intel. Very helpful for every null sec dweller. Sadly the sever seems not very reliable (Juli 2019) (identified as out of order on 05.11.2020)
zkillboard.com – If you want to know what’s going on in terms of PvP in a specific system, that’s the place you want to go. Great for finding out who lives in a wormhole.
abyssaldata.com – An leader board for abyssal PvP. Great for inspiration about fittings and in general what you could face in the abyssal proving grounds. (identified as out of order on 05.11.2020)
wiki.eveuniversity.org – A incredible huge and into depth wiki for nearly all topics you could come across while playing EVE Online.
eve-gatecheck.space – Just input your route and let this handy tool check if someone died recently on the gates you plan to go through.
schildwall.phbv3.de – German/English with a ton of information and links about nearly any aspect of Eve. Does no longer get actively maintained.
Wormhole Identification – How to identify where a wormhole leads to – just by looking at it! By Ashy from the wormhole group Outfoxed.
anoik.is – Listings of wormholes, wormhole system, their types and tons of detailed data. And its greatly filter- and searchable too!
kybernaut.space – Thinking about reaching gold consent and welcome our new Triglavian overlords? This is a good place to start learning how to go about it.
Pochven Entry Manual – How to locate and utilize entries to Triglavian Space by Eslebeth Rhiannon and Debes Sparre
fittin.gs – a website that pulls data from zkillboard and let you search for ships with certain modules equipped.
eveworkbench.com – to create, safe, share and export fits to your delight. Almost like Pyfa in your browser.
How to import fits into Eve – A short and to the point explanation by my valued blogger-colleague Ashy.
- All guides on this blog are listed here: thegreybill.wordpress.com/category/guide
- thealphasguide.com is a great resource that explains most of the basic game mechanics in a very easy to understand way. Including gifs and images visualizing what the text is talking about.
EVE Online: Flight Academy is a youtube-channel made by Eve’s developer, CCP Games. The videos explain most of the game’s mechanics in short and easy to digest videos.Channel not available anymore as of 2022.
An Eve Academy playlist on the offical Eve Online YouTube Channel took it’s place.
- Pandemic Horde Youtube Channel is a solid source for everything concerning nullsec. If you want to know how to be a little wheel in the huge machinery of one of the biggest groups in Eve, this is the place to learn it.
- Eve Academy: Combat Mechanics explains the fundamental mechanics of Eve Online combat with easy-to-digest texts and animations.
- Alpha Clone Guide to Low Sec Ratting by Reload
- Abyssal Guides by Torvald Uruz
- The Demons which lurk in the Abyss – A summary of the NPCs you will encounter in Abyssal pockets and how you might choose to fight them. Here is also a Video about T5 with a blinged Sacrilege.
NOTE: With a nerf to a lot of resistance modules, tanking in the Abyss got significantly harder. The method in this video may no longer work!
- Nolak’s Updated Karr’s Modified Rykki’s Guide 1.3 – A filterable sheet where you can look up any wormhole site with their spawns, damage, ehp and potential profit. And much more.
- HighSec DED-Sites by JonnyPew
– check his channel for more of those!This dead link shall be a lone memorial for the high quality content JonnyPew did produce on this YouTube account. Sadly, for some reason, it’s no more. F
- Mission List by DaOpa
- The 100MN Afterburner Vexor Navy Issue – 0.0 Ratting by Ember Rising
NOTE: The Vexnor Navy Issue is no longer the workhorse of nullsec-ratting since it got changed. It’s now better at brawling in PvP than ratting. The Ishtar got it’s place as 100MN sig-tanking PvE ship, or Gilas.
- Relic / data guide – Before 8 it’s bait by DutchDefender – A very data-driven approach on analyzing and developing strategies to beat the mini-game presented when “hacking” cans in relic and data sites.
- Identifying Wormhole Nebulas by Nth Dimensional – If you jump wormholes a lot, approximately knowing where you might end up can be very handy.
- Increasing Empire Standings quickly by CadePlaysGames – It’s a bit of a grind, but with this method you can speed up the process.
- NPSI Fleet Calender by Fun Inc. – Not a guide, but a great place to get hold of an NPSI (not purple, shoot it) fleet to get some PvP. Many are very newbro-friendly.
- Nullsec Solo PvP Bootcamp by 3TEARS. This video series gives a great overview of what you can expect to experience in solo PvP in nullsec.
Be warned, it’s a steep climb. But the view from the top is marvelous.
- MS Paint Tackletics [images] by CCP Aurora. This gallery of commented paint drawings explains the basics of manual piloting fast ships.
- MS Paint Inderdiction [images] by CCP Aurora. Another gallery of commented paint drawings explaining how interdiction bubbles work.
- Honorable Black Ops Explained by John Drees – Not exactly a detailed guide, but it gives an insight on how Black Ops Battleships are operated.
- eveiseasy YouTube Channel by Suitonia. A lot of videos about PvP and mechanics in general. Learn how to sling-shot here!
- Feathering/Spiraling shown by Amelia Duskspace – very useful when flying kity Wolfs or Retributions in nullsec.
- Blights Wretch YouTube Channel lots of lowsec PvP in mostly small ships with lots of explanation. If you want to understand the meta, this is highly recommended.
- Sabre SG YouTube Channel. On this channel you can literally watch a pilot grow and learn new skills. While the first videos feature fittings and decision-making that may not be optimal, Sabre SG quickly reached a point where you can take away some good lessons from his engagements, especially as a new player.
- Small Gang Archetypes by Chessur. Old, but not outdated. This video series explains how PvP with small gang works and the roles of different classes of ships within it.
- Ammunition Types by Ra’Zok give you a great overview of what type of Ammunition you should use in what situation.
- Weapon Type Visuals by Mazzic Karde. A list of slides showing the various weapon models for reference and easier identification.
- Strategic Cruiser Visuals by Mazzic Karde. A list of slides showing the look of different subsystems of T3 Cruisers and what attributes they add to the hull.
- How to: Enable additional text information on all brackets in space by Soldier Forrester. Incredible useful for kiting against multiple opponents.
- Cyno Placement Guide [PDF]- Old but with station models still the same, it’s still relevant.
- Overheating Guide by Friendly Splash. Yes it indeed makes a difference where you place your modules.
- 2021 Frigate Yearbook by T Sky. If you want to learn how to lowsec PvP in depth – or just want to understand how a certain mechanic affects a fight in Eve, give this a look. Knowledge is power after all.
- Kelon Darklight’s Solo Ship Almanac & Guide to PvP 2.0
forums.eveonline.com – The official forums for EVE Online, hosted and moderated by CCP and volunteer ISD folk.
r/Eve – The reddit subforum. Very popular and an international community. The birthplace of most memes, beef and shitposts. Now and then you also see staff from CCP post there.
r/evejobs – Most of the bigger groups in EVE Online advertise them self here. But you should also look in other forums.
In this context this may be a good read too: How to find a corporation. A comprehensive description of that process by NightCrawler 85.